Monday, November 03, 2008

         The Joy of Children


         I love the way a child's mind works. I love their honestly and innocence. Having a conversation with them it's probably about the most refreshing pastimes in the world. You'd be surprised about how much they have to say and how smart they can be. I love being a teacher. It's such a fulfilling and rewarding task to watch them grow and help develop their minds. It's a sobering task as well for, if you are their teacher, you are responsible for their education and care. You are one who is with them for the majority of the most influential times of their life, depending on their age of course. Being a teacher is definitely an important commission, no matter what the age of the students.

         Just today, one of my students, 6 year old Sarah Bixler, said just about the cutest comment. I was making a white sauce for dinner while talking to a friend and discussing different recipes. Sarah was helping me mix the sauce while I added the spices. The friend then remarked on how perfect the sauce would be if only we had some white wine to add to it. We were trying to think of someone present in the house who might possess such an ingredient. I asked if maybe her father, Sam Bixler, had some wine, to which my friend remarked that he did indeed have wine, but it was red. Sarah then joined in the conversation to correct my friend’s statement and said in a wise, condescending tone that we were mistaken. “It’s not red wine," she said. "It's black." Having children in your life sure adds to the fun and laughter in your life. Where I would be without these wonderful kids, I do not know, nor do I care to find out. I’m just thankful to have the privilege to be a part of their life and contribute to their care and upbringing.

P.S. Yes I'm still closing this blog, just making some farewell posts......

2 Comments:

Blogger CurlyCel said...

That was cute... ;)

Did you hear about the one where Liam and Kiki were being "attacked" by Sam, of course they're both dressed in their superman outfits (two are better than one, I guess) and I forget which one, but Sam had one of them dangling by their foot, and the other calls out "Quick, use your super powers on him!" :D

You guys have an incredibly cute bunch of kids there. - And awesome Home members too. I couldn't find you to say bye, but 'twas nice to see you. You're in my prayers!

1:30 PM  
Blogger CCHmusic said...

check out the new caney creek heroes music vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQxqcfU19Yk

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home