Saturday, July 26, 2008

I've realized more and more how the title of my blog suits it so well. This blog has definitely become "a different side of me." These posts of songs/poems that I have written, I've only shown to close individuals, and only a tiny fraction of them have I posted on this blog from my numerous hidden pages of writings. Only those who are close to me, know I write. It's really only the Lord's inspiration and anointing that I do and if they are to anyone's liking. I owe Him full credit, so many times I have tried to write on my own inspiration, but when the Lord punches through, it's a million times better than anything I could ever write. So I just rely on His anointing that He sometimes gives me from time to time. I feel safe in posting a few of these here because this blog is one of the few places where I can truly show this normally hidden side of me. This is something I wrote awhile back for someone I loved and missed to such a degree that I had to express it in this manner. I don't normally write about someone other then the Lord or about things I feel passionate about, but when you're in love, you tend to do crazy things that you normally would never do. I sincerely apologize for this for I feel this was one of those times I've written something on my own inspiration. I'm really not a writer at all, so please forgive these few next lines.....



24 Hours Closer to You




With each passing day

The knowledge rings true

Of times to come

The time when I’ll see you


With each day that ends

A new day begins

With memories of you

Running through my mind


Somehow, I find

Our thoughts intertwine

Where it's just us two

It's like I'm back with you


Lying in your arms

I felt safe from harm

Though our words were scarce

Our minds we shared


No words were expressed

When lying in your loving caress

In our thoughts we spoke

Our feelings untold


In words I can't describe

The feelings of unrest

I know it's missing you

I wish you never left


It seems our time apart drags on

But my love for you keeps me strong

And my faith in the one

Who knows and understands

Who holds our future in His hands


Although our days shared were few

My thoughts and heart are held captive by you

The only knowledge that gets me through

Is knowing I'm 24 hours closer to you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home