Saturday, May 17, 2008

I guess this kind of self-explanatory. I wrote this just recently when I was battling about some difficult changes that the Lord was asking me to make. I sometimes get these songs/poems when I'm going through stuff and the Lord somehow punches through me and helps me write them. I don't have the talent for writing at all. It's really only Jesus if it's to anyone's liking. Anyways I'm posting this for others benefit because I know the Lord gave it to me to encourage not only me, but others who are also battling the same things. I wrote it yesterday and I haven't had much time to work on it, sorry there is still much to be edited. Hope you all can still enjoy!




It’s You in Me


All alone I cry

My heart it aches

For You it breaks

So hard I try

But to my knees I fall

I crumble inside


I can’t see my worth

My heart it hurts

In my mind, I fight

I struggle and plead

Lord save me from this night

Clear my mind, help me see


My heart is in pieces

These broken parts mirror

My imperfections to world

On my own I try to mend

But I only fail once more

My failures see no end


Take me apart, make me weak

I want Your will, this I seek

This change it hurts

But in my life, I want You first

Stripe my pride, take it away

Make me anew, break my chains


Take away all that distracts

I’m Yours, do Your will

I will hold nothing back

Free me from my past

Open my mind, help me believe

Your words, I want to receive


Take me in your arms

Pick me up, help me stand

Teach me how to walk

In Your will and ways

Don’t let me stray

In Your path, I will stay


I’m helpless without You

I can’t even take a step

Even though I sometimes forget

You are my crutch, in You I rely

I can’t see the way, You are my eyes

You help me fight another day


Now I can truly see

A reason for these breakings

You took away

Those things that held me back

You showed me the way

And made clear my lacks


Now I can better serve

You to my full capacity

No longer do I hide

Behind my disguise

It’s out for all to see

It’s You inside of me


I’m here to learn and understand

That the future is held in Your hands

Take me now, take control

I give You my heart to break and mold

Into your chosen shape and place I reside

With you by my side……..

2 Comments:

Blogger Werid Cat Lovin Person said...

so pretty Dawn! Muahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Love you! -Tiffany.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Timna said...

That was beautiful Dawnie. Praying for you and hope you are doing well. XOXOX-Timna

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home